Friday, March 5, 2010

Wild Goose


I wouldn't describe myself as an early bird or a night owl - I suppose I am more of a wild goose or I was this morning as I chased the sunrise in pursuit of a decent photograph. I have many photographs of sunsets (I will share some of them soon). I checked my trusted weather guru and was informed that 0609 was the time and I knew exactly the place that I wanted to photograph this dazzling start to the day. I was there but the sun wasn't. I didn't bank on it being overcast - I suppose that makes me an optimist. I am not the least disappointed though as this is what I did capture with my trusty Canon. Its beautiful! The beach is within walking distance from my home - and believe it or not its the first time in the 27 years of living in South Africa that I have taken the time to get up at the crack of dawn and head to the bottom of the road. I was informed by a gentleman perched on the rocks with his camera,that I should have been there yesterday as the sunrise was magnificent. I was just glad that I was there this morning and that I have many more magnificent tomorrows to look forward to.
Later we are meeting the family for breakfast and plan to spend an hour on the beach with our grandchildren. By then the sun will be high in the sky and the beach awash with people enjoying the sun, sand and sea. This morning I was reminded to stop chasing rainbows, to open my eyes to the beauty that is on my doorstep and to enjoy whatever the day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment