Wednesday, August 25, 2010

G Spot - Unplugged

I am officially a statistic - Our house was burgled last night at the tools of my trade stolen - My laptops and my camera. I don't know what alarms me the most - the fact that we were sleeping at the time, that we heard nothing and that the dog didn't alert us or is it that the alarm technician was at my house yesterday and miraculously the sensor in the study was bypassed and that is why our alarm didn't go off. If you cant trust the people who are supposed to keep you safe - how do you trust anyone.

I can deal with the loss of possessions but the loss of trust is devastating!

The police have been and gone through the motions - they looked a little resigned and defeated about it all. Our insurance company have been their usual efficient selves and the process of getting quotes in has started. All time consuming and irritating stuff but it does not compare to the inconvenience of losing all my data since the last backup or the terrible loss of my photographs and writing.

Yes we are thankful that we were blissfully unaware of what was happening on our doorstep (literally) and that no-one was hurt, but peace of mind is something we will have to work on and I reckon a few sleepless nights are ahead.

Hopefully I will be blogging again on my own equipment soon!

3 comments:

  1. You sound surprisingly positive. How awful for all of you. Will be sending waves of peaceful, calming sleep across the continents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O vrek! That is AWFUL. So very scary. I'm SO glad they left you 3 alone.
    I think you may have something there with the alarm tech, too coincidental for my liking. Hope you mentioned something about that, especially to that company. They could track if anything similar happens to other clients.
    Again, glad you ok. But so understand the loss of that precious data and photo's!

    ReplyDelete