Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over!

Hooray - I am off to see my family in the UK tomorrow and have been so busy of late that today I had a mad run around trying to get myself organised. No doubt then I get to 'the other side" I will find myself with all the wrong clothes and random odd items but my late mother would be very proud of me as I heeded her advice and am making sure that I am leaving home not only with clean underwear but with pristine new undies!
My favourite everyday/wear under your T shirts bra from Woollies has been discontinued  and replaced with something made in China that is padded - the last thing I need is padding so I have been searching for a replacement - to no avail. Today I dashed into our local old fashioned proper bra shop and was measured and fitted. What a shock - lets just say that there is a little more of me than there used to be - actually a lot more - in fact my cup runneth over or as they say in Calendar Girls "we are talking going to need considerably bigger buns."
It is Murphy's law that sexy slim bra straps are the new fashion item at the moment worn with the asymmetrical neckline - my new bra straps resemble car seat belts and would probably keep my assets stationery at the speed of light. Very reassuring as I take off and land several times in the next couple of days. On the plus side (excuse the pun) I cannot tell you how comfortable I am feeling right now - my new bra fits like a glove - well a pair of gloves really!  Another advantage is that I doubt that I will every bump my nose on anything again and I am sure doors will open for me without me having to knock.
The ladies in the bra boutique were very helpful, kind and compassionate whilst I mourned for my 34B cup of yesteryear.We agreed that it is important to keep abreast of developments in later life - its very easy to let things slide!
So tomorrow I will stick my chest bravely out and head north in my new undies.
I am not sure how frequently I will be able to get time to blog in the next few weeks but rest assured you will hear ALL about my travels in my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment