When you reach a certain age (or is that a certain weight) shopping for clothes becomes problematic. I am struggling because:-
- I need sleeves to conceal my wobbly upper arms and most of the stuff in the shops is sleeveless or has those little cap sleeves that just make arms look bigger.
- Anything with a belt has belt loops or elastic just about under my armpits! Everything here seems to be made in China and oriental ladies must be very short waisted. My waistline as I remember it (it seems to have disappeared), is about 6 inches lower.
- I am just not going to wear mustard, brown and burnt orange - this is Africa -say no more!
- I want fabrics that let me skin breathe in the scorching southern hemisphere summer - not chiffon and nylon.
- Its hard to do frills when you are over 50!