Anyway my own list goes something like this....
1. Eat when you are hungry......and not for any other reason.
2. Drink when you are thirsty.....recognise the first symptom of thirst - lethargy.
3. Sleep when you are tired ...get 7 or 8 hours a night.
4. Cry when you are sad... and express anger and frustration in a manner worthy of respect.
5. Make sure you laugh everyday - if only at yourself. Love what you do - sometimes you have to fall in love with your job every day!
6. Don't compare yourself to others - it creates dissatisfaction and is a recipe for disaster. Our education system has conditioned us to do this by streaming us into A,B C classes, giving us class positions and pitting us against one another is sports and rewarding competitive behaviour. Give thanks for who you are and what you have.
7. Be who you were meant to be and not the person others want you to be. The people who love you should want you to be YOU .
8. Listen to feedback - you will learn something valuable - either about yourself or the person giving it to you.
9. Alcohol in moderation is good - when its more than 3 or 4 drinks, it's anaesthetic - What are you trying to escape from?
10. Seize the day - you only live once - make each day count and make the most of opportunities that come your way. Look for good and find positive people to share your life journey with, get rid of the passengers in your life that sap your energy without giving anything in return.
All this is YOUR choice. Each of us create our own reality.
Its been good to remind myself of what is important and how I should be living my life in a way that is true and real for me. I don't always get it right and that's usually when I ignore my intuition, instinct or inner voice.
Time to reconnect with what I believe.