Monday, September 3, 2012

Bare Faced Lie!



These are the Lyrics to The Story sung by Brandi Carlile and the have been running through my head since I heard them sang - beautifully I might add - at 50 Shades of Even on Friday evening. They have given me a new appreciation for my wrinkles. They say that you get the face that you deserve and I am not too displeased with mine - Ageing is a natural process and the alternative is not to age - which means not to live! While I will always strive to look my best whatever age I may be, I think there is a lot to be said for having a face that is full of life and a true reflection of where you have been and where you are. There are over 3000 facial expressions and WE know every single one of them. Yes! We have been studying them since the moment we were born, when we sought out our mother's face and we have honed these skills throughout our life. One of the scariest things about botox and nips and tucks is that people lose their expression lines and we no longer can read what their faces are saying. There is a lot to be said for making the most of what you were given and letting your authentic self shine through. I have earned my lines - they tell the story of my life! I hope they tell you that I have laughed, cried, travelled, learned, grieved, been curious, had many surprises, a few shocks, had my heart broken, been loved, endured, triumphed and enjoyed every moment of my journey! My life was made for me and I was made for you!

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you
I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules
But baby I broke them all for you
Because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do
I was made for you
You see the smile that's on my mouth
It's hiding the words that don't come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what
I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...
All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you
I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules
But baby I broke them all for you
Because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do
I was made for you
You see the smile that's on my mouth
It's hiding the words that don't come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what
I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...
All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment