The working world is only just getting used to the working mother never mind the working grandmother,
and while I love my 'granny' status, the word 'granny' just doesn't belong in the boardroom! It should because grannies are wise and wonderful and sometimes wacky!
You know you are a granny when....
- You are eating Spiderman yoghurt's all week because your grandies came shopping with you, put them in your trolley and then went home without eating them.
- You get excited and shout 'digger' or 'tractor' when you see any articulated vehicle with big wheels - even when you are in the car alone!
- You find yourself dancing around in your pajamas wearing a tiara at 9pm on a Friday evening.....and would not be anywhere else in the world,
- You are happy to eat the cupcakes after the grandies have licked all the icing off the top and handed them back to you.
- There are wet handwipes in your handbag and a toy or two.
- You tell the same story over and over and 'just one more time' knowing that it's a planned strategy for them to stay up later.
- You lie down with them at 8pm - just for five minutes - and wake up in their bed at 2am.
- You can keep their secrets and 'pinky promise'.
- You have a 'naughty corner' in your home but its never been used - well for a child that is!
- You eat their vegetables for them when their parents aren't looking!
- Your laptop has sticky fingerprints all over the screen.
- You open your diary to find your to-do list has been drawn over.
- You LOVE all of the above!
So looking forward to the next one arriving in August :-)