Saturday, February 6, 2016

Love on the big Screen

Ha!  this is yesterdays post - I wrote it out and then fell asleep before I could get it onto my laptop! Its harder than I thought committing to a daily blogpot. Anyway - Friday is movie day and I was thinking of my favourite love movies. Here are my top ten!

10. I couldn't decide so I had 3 movies at number ten - An Indecent Proposal - remember that movie where the rich guy (Robert Redford) offers a young guy R1 million dollars for a night with his wife) Personally I would have spent the night with RR for nothing.....but that's another movie! Ghost - that divine movie with Patrick Swayze and Demo Moore. Four Weddings and a Funeral - part comedy and part romance - Its one of my all time favourites and I love it when that old man arrives at church and the usher asks him  for seating purposes - Groom or Bride and he says, "Don't be preposterous - I am neither!" Just typing it makes me laugh! anyway here is the trailer in case you have forgotten how funny it was. Then there was that awesomeW H poem at the funeral. " He was my North, my South, my East and West, My working week and my Sunday rest!

9. When Sally met Harry - say no more - just watch this. Ok I need to remind myself that love is not the same as funny!

8. Mamma Mia - Although Pierce Brosnan should not sing EVER! The film also made be fall in love with Greece and the female leads were fab - Meryl Streep, Julie Walters and Christine Baranski rock!

7. Shirley Valentine - What I learned about love in this film is how you can forget to love yourself and put your needs first. In the movie Shirley Valentine fell in love with life....It is also set in Greece! Pauling Collins was brilliant.

6. Gone with the Wind. Such an epic and dramatic love story with the dashing Clark Gable and the spoilt and petulant Vivien Leigh who needs kissing badly.

5. I have Bridget Jones's Diary at number 5 with the romantic ending kissing in the snow - Love Bridget and love the character Colin Firth plays - very Mr Darcyish!

4. Love Story - There wasn't a dry eye in the cinema when I went to see this and lots of sniffling - I went with Tony and drenched the front of his M&S pale blue lambswool jersey which smelled like wet sheep for the rest of the evening "Love means never having to say you are sorry!" SOB.....

3. Love Actually - Lots of love stories within a love Story but I thought the most poignant moments happened between Emma Thompson's and Alan Rickman's characters when she finds out the necklace is not her Christmas gift - makes me cry. every time I hear this song.

2. Pretty Woman - YES all women want a Richard Gere in their lives - dressing them up and making them into a modern day Cinderella and then arriving with a rose between their teeth on a ladder! Remind your man here by showing him this trailer and then this. I just did!!

1. Out of Africa - No justification required at all,  I watch this movie just about once a month with a box of tissues or chocolates and never tire of this love story and one day I WILL fly over a lake of flamingos with my beloved - hope its soon while I can still climb over the wings of a light aircraft and hope my beloved is cured of his chronic fear of flying or he will be drugged while we are in flight!.

Ok so what is your number 1........










.

No comments:

Post a Comment