Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Make a decision to love yourself unconditionally today!


After years of coaching people, mostly females from all walks of life, I have found that there is only one thing that heals every problem, and that is: to know how to love yourself. When people start to love themselves more each day, it’s amazing how their lives get better. They feel better. They get the jobs they want. They have the money they need. Their relationships either improve, or the negative ones dissolve and new ones begin. It’s a very simple premise—loving yourself. This may sound too simplistic, but I have found that the simple things are usually the most profound. Someone said to me recently, “You gave me the most wonderful gift—you gave me the gift of myself.”  To me life is a voyage of self-discovery - to reflect within and to know who and what we really are, and to know that we have the ability to change for the better by loving and taking care of ourselves. It’s not selfish to love ourselves, you cannot give to others what you haven’t got. Self-love is a deep appreciation for who you - your unique talents, peculiarities, embarrassments, weak spots blind spots, warts and all.
I know of many women who are saving their love for their perfect self – until they lose the weight, or get the job, or get more money, or a boyfriend, or whatever. We often put conditions on our love. But we can love ourselves  as we are right now .If you are not willing to love yourself today, then you are not going to love yourself tomorrow, because whatever excuse you have today, you’ll still have tomorrow. Yesterday I gave you 16 reasons why I love my beloved, today’s challenge in the month of love is 16 reasons why I love moi!
  1.   My heart – I know that it beats strongly and that it is large, slightly scarred
  2. My curiosity – I have never nor will I ever stop learning
  3. My ability to bounce back after a disappointment (and I have had many) to be acceptance and the ability to forgive and move on has been a lifesaver.
  4. My energy – it’s not always 100% but give me something I believe in and I will give it my everything.
  5. My body…….even though it’s not the shape it was, there is definitely more of me to love these days! I love my capable hands, my good legs and I even love my toes – except for the little toe on my right foot my kissing corn is so hard to love!
  6. My sense of humour has saved my life on more than one occasion and has probably saved yours too lol
  7. My imagination – it takes me on endless journeys – some of the wild goose chases – they are the best day dreams!
  8. My optimism – or I wouldn’t be living in Africa!
  9. My ability to have a conversation with anyone – strangers are just friends you don’t know yet.
  10. I am a good driver and those skills have taken me all over the countryside.
  11. My skin – I think its 50% genes and 30% Clinique and 20% diet but my skin is in good condition still – like my sister says “There are no wrinkles on a balloon.
  12.  My creativity – I love creative thinking and I love to paint, sew, take photographs and write – I will always find an outlet for my creative self
  13. I am giving up here! It’s really uncomfortable to justify why I love myself – I think I have done well to get this far but in the words of Brene Brown : I am enough!” Vernon would say that I am often more than enough!                              

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! Am so excited for your challenge this month coz I get to soak up a whole lot of wonderful Sue-ness <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sue! Sometimes we have to be reminded. Still need to develop my ability to talk to strangers.

    ReplyDelete