Friday, February 17, 2017

This week.....in Singapore

This visit I am doing different things - I am saving the usual sightseeing things I want to do again from previous visits until Julia arrives and we can do them together. So for now I am taking the route less travelled.
Today I went to the Mustafa Centre - - Mr Mustafa must be like Mr Selfridge on steroids. A cross between a labyrinth and a department store , open 24 hours a day, in two buildings on opposite sides of the road, on four floors! It sells anything and everything from fresh fruit to shampoo to gold jewelry to fabric softener to souvenirs. Without Nadine I would still be wandering around lost! The aisles are so narrow that there is hardly room to walk and there must be 300 people in there at any given time. Shopping chaos!
The Mustafa Centre is in the middle of 'Little India' - there is nothing small about Little India.  In the centre of wide roads, constant traffic, high-rise apartments are narrow alleys and the traditional old shop houses and the most beautiful temples. We visited one - it was a colourful, calm and shady oasis! It was a blessing to take my shoes off to walk around it.


Yesterday was a quiet day for my - I chose to chill a little and catch up on some work and reading while Katherine went to her playgroup in the morning and her ComandoKids in the afternoon. I just joined in for a quick visit to the 2$ store and bought a load of stuff  I didnt know I needed and saw a heap more that I didnt know anyone needed - chair socks included!
Wednesday morning we explored the Arab Quarter and took the scenic route past some really interesting buildings - I love the contrast between modern and ancient!


Then after lunch we took Adam and Katherine to a fabulous play area called Pollywogs - A fabulous padded cell for children equippd with everything a child wants to climb, slide, twiddle, throw and slide on ,,,,,,which they can do without hurting themselves. The photos I too aren't great because they were on the go and never still long enough for me to catch them - exactly as it should be in such an exciting place! I crawled around for 2 hours trying to keep up with them - #Fail!

So all in all a brilliant and busy week - my first one over and I know time will fly by. When I saw this sign I was tempted - I really was....... then I saw that I had missed the boat! Next time maybe I will Meet, Mingle and Meditate in Little India :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment